2017 BHC Events
January 22nd: Gender Based Violence Tournament
Lisanne and Fellows, Chloe and Jake hosted a Gender Based Violence awareness tournament. During this event UGB and national team coaches gave a heartwarming speech about the importance of basketball and education. Over 300 GBV awareness pamphlets were distributed to 100 participants and 300 spectators. Of our participants 4 (2 boys and 2 girls) were chosen for the U16 national team and 2 were sponsored for school!
March 15th-21st: Team Visits Rwanda
Founder and Executive Director, Lindsey Kittredge, heads to Rwanda to visit our Basketball Health Corps program in Rwanda. Board members, Jackie MacMullan, Amy Latimer, Chiney Oqwumike Alex Gallagher, along with student-athletes from the Noble and Greenough School will be joining her for the incredible journey across the sea! If you have equipment, shoes or clothing in good condition that you would like to send over please contact Lindsey Kittredge firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, March 18th: 9am - 3pm
Shooting Touch Tournament Celebrating #IWD 2017 International Women's Day
Nyamirama, Kayonza (Nyamirama Health Center)
- Over 1,000 people attended, city officials, Chiney Oqumike (ST Board of Ambassador) from WNBA, Kita Mantangulu from NBA Africa, Nobles staff and students and our staff of INCREDIBLE coaches made up a rather impressive crowd.
- One of our stellar players,Thierry, did so well and that he secured himself a spot at the NBA's BWB in August. (4) other players were picked up by the National Team, including (2) females, earlier this month.
- Over 100 females in our program - incredible growth and competition
- Kita Matungulu from NBA Africa stood in front of our crowd and said that we have the best 10-16 year old players on the continent.
- Partners in Health sponsored NCD testing for over 250 people. People were fighting to get into the tents just to understand their blood pressure and to understand whether they were pre-diabetic or not. Incredible. Our mission was brought to life again of using sport to mobilize people towards better health.